While FATSKN's whipped body butters can and should absolutely be used on your face, we've updated our formula with this new offering to have it suited specifically for the more delicate skin.
Saturated fats are the best. They won't oxidize when they hit your skin (because let's face it: at 37°C/98.6°F we are tropical beings) and they're stable at room temp. They won't give you lipofuscin aka liver/age spots if you eat them or put them on your skin (and no one wants those).
What makes this different than the body butter?
- Mango Butter: Like cacao butter, mango butter is a saturated fat, however it tends to be slightly less comedegenic (which means it is less likely to clog pores). That said, I have had no reports as of yet of any issues with pores using the body butter and I have kept some cacao butter in for the lovely chocolate smell. The food industry has been exploring the use of mango butter as a replacement for cacao butter as it's been found to be more stable (i.e. less prone to oxidization) over long times in tropical countries where refrigeration is difficult.
- Olive Squalane: Polyunsturated squalene is hydrogenated to become squalane: saturated and biologically unaltered. Among other things, squalane has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, minimize transdermal water loss and regulate the production of sebum (i.e. oil production). Additionally, I found it to be less irritating (i.e. not irritating at all) than jojoba when applying around the eye area. Squalane was originally derived from sharks (unethical) but can also be extracted from olives and sugarcane.
- Grassfed + grassfinished suet tallow
- Olive squalane oil
- Organic, unrefined (raw) mango butter
- Organic, unrefined (raw) cocoa butter
- Purist (unscented) or with organic Frankincense essential oil
Directions: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C). Apply head-to-toe, letting it melt as you go. A little goes a long way!
Available in standard (25 g) amber glass jars.
Recently viewed products
My face has never felt better! I am outside all day in the elements and my face has been so soft and smooth ever since using the Fatskn Face can't wait to see how it holds up to winter weather!
Thank you, Meg!!!