Grassfed Tallow Whipped Body Butter - Bergamot
The product that started it all!
Simple and effective. The whipped body butter can be used everywhere - including your face! Made with grassfed+ grassfinished tallow, organic unrefined jojoba oil and organic cacao butter, it is a soothing balm of thick and nourishing saturated fats.
This whipped body butter goes on nicely and goes a long way: you definitely need less than you'd expect, but you really can't put too much on! Unlike most skincare products that build up on your skin, this just keeps getting absorbed and there is never anything to rub off.
Is it greasy?
No. Greasy implies that there is something left on the surface of your skin after the rest of the product has been absorbed by your skin; something that is unusable. That is not the case with FATSKN's Whipped Tallow Body Butters. Your skin and body want and need every single bit of this nourishing butter. Yes, it is thick, but just apply a bit at a time until your body has had enough. Massage it in for a lovely, healthy glow.
Why will your skin love this?
- Grassfed + grassfinished tallow: Saturated fat rich in vitamins. Promotes skin rejuvenation and protects from environmental stressors. Ingestion and topical application of saturated fats can relieve redness and itching. Tallow is almost identical to our skin's natural sebum and can help your body self-regulate oil production if you're caught in a cycle of over/under production caused by the use of conventional cleansers and moisturizers.
- Organic unrefined jojoba butter: Monosaturated fat, very close to our skin's natural sebum and technically a wax! A beautiful golden yellow with a slightly nutty smell.
- Organic cacao butter: Another amazing saturated fat that smells like divine chocolate. Concerned that it's rated 4 on the comedogenic scale? Read my blog post about why I think this scale is outdated. Long story short, I wouldn't worry about it given the ratio in which it's found in these recipes.
- Organic essential oils: All organic and all third-party tested for purity. Used sparingly in the butters that contain them, with 1% dilution rates.
- Grassfed + grassfinished suet tallow
- Organic jojoba oil
- Organic, unrefined (raw) cocoa butter
- Organic bergapten-free Bergamot essential oil (1% dilution. Just enough for a light scent).
Directions: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C). Do not keep in your purse or car in the hot months as it will melt. Apply head-to-toe, letting it melt as you go. A little goes a long way! As with anything, if any irritation occurs, discontinue use (and reach out if you have any questions).
Available in standard (40 g) and large (70 g) tins.