Ever wonder about all the ways you can use Fatskn products?
Who would benefit from each one? Or how long they actually last, and how to properly store them?
We’re answering all your burning Fatskn questions in this post. Product by product.
First up, this tallow balm stick is a mess-free family favorite. Made with grassfed suet tallow, unrefined cocoa butter, and raw yellow beeswax to quickly hydrate and protect way more than just your skin. The tallow strengthens your moisture barrier, while cacao butter offers natural sun protection, and beeswax acts as an antibacterial conditioner that glides on oh-so-smooth.
16 life-changing Fatstk uses:
- Body moisturizer- Quickly moisturize head-to-toe minus the oily hands– it’s so easy there won’t be an excuse to skip it.
- Lip treatment– Heal chapped lips without building a dependence. Just apply as needed, and then less and less.
- Windburn– Guard your skin against the elements when hitting the slopes or going out on the water.
- Dog care– Rub on your pup’s dry nose or cracked paw pads to nourish in the colder months.
- Prevent stretch marks– Rub on your belly during pregnancy to help renew skin and build resilience against stretching.
- Chapped skin–Dab under the nose to nourish rough, dry skin caused by abrasive tissues. There’s enough to worry about when you’re sick.
- Keratosis pilaris– Apply a layer on affected areas to gently exfoliate, hydrate, and prevent roughness. The Vitamin A in tallow is also helpful for healing KP.
- “Trucker skin”– Slather on your arms and hands in the car to shield against sun exposure while driving.
- Wound healing– Use on minor wounds and burns to prevent infection and speed up healing.
- Natural highlight– Pop some on your cheekbones for an ultra-glowy highlight.
- Beard butter– Massage over your beard to soften and style.
- Full brows– Use to shape eyebrows and encourage new growth.
- Frizz fix– Tame flyaway hairs around your face for a sleek style.
- Aftershave– Use it as a post-shave balm for a smooth face and touchable legs.
- Cuticle cream– Seal cracked or peeling cuticles for healthier-looking nails.
Storage tips: You can keep this wherever you need it– car, purse, backpack, bathroom, or bedside table. Thanks to the high tallow and cacao butter content, there’s no risk of it melting and making a mess. The beeswax in this formula keeps it fresh for AGES. Seriously… years.
This creamy all-over moisturizer is a go-to for everyone. Made with grassfed suet tallow, unrefined cacao butter, and organic jojoba oil to deeply nourish and satisfy skin. Conditioning enough for the body but airy enough for the face. It works wonders for inflamed skin conditions needing some serious TLC (tallow-loving care).
FATBABY vs Purist: The only difference is the FATBABY has slightly more jojoba than the Purist, helping it go on a bit easier, but neither has any essential oils or resins so they can be used interchangeably.
16 tallow body butter uses we can’t get enough of:
- Anti-aging night cream– the natural amino acids and antioxidants keep skin hydrated, plump, and youthful.
- Chafing solution– Prevent and soothe chafing between thighs and underarm area.
- Acne antidote– Fends off acne-causing bacteria while mimicking the skin's natural moisture. A simple (spot-on) solution.
- Sun protection– Apply to exposed skin before heading to the lake or beach. It’ll lower your chance of burning, but it’s still a good idea to wear protective clothing and take shade breaks.
- Rash and burn relief– Calms inflammation and quickly comforts itchy skin.
- Split end savior– Moisturize and seal split ends for a shinier, more manageable mane (just use whatever is left on your hands after applying for your body. The tiniest amount will do.)
- Personal moisturizer– Use unscented formula as a personal moisturizer for sensitive areas to stop irritation, balance ph, and prevent infection. THE BEST LUBE EVER ;)
- Nipple cream– Rub on chapped nipples to reduce tenderness caused by breastfeeding (Purist and Fatbaby would be the best options here; no essential oils).
- Tattoo treatment– Vitamin E in the jojoba (and tallow) helps prevent ink infection, encourages healing, and preserves vibrancy.
- Shave butter– Get a smoother, closer shave with way less irritation. The clarifying and moisturizing effects of tallow protect skin and prevent razor bumps.
- Diaper rash remedy– Soothe diaper rash naturally with FATBABY. The antimicrobial properties fight infection while fatty acids deeply nourish.
- Cradle cap– Apply after a gentle cleanser to hydrate the skin, protect it from damage, and normalize oil glands.
- Nail growth aid– Smooth across nailbeds to strengthen and healthy encourage growth.
- Sensitive skin soother– Helps heal stubborn skin conditions like rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema by nourishing from the outside in.
- Cellulite care– Naturally occurring vitamins in tallow increase circulation and encourage collagen production for firmer, stronger skin.
- Massage cream– Non-toxic massage for feet, neck, or back after a long day. Perfect for a bonding baby massage, too!
Storage tips: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C/ 65-70°F) to keep it solid yet soft. Avoid leaving this in a hot car, as it will melt.
What makes it different from our body butters? Squalane. This stable saturated fat is the hydrogenated version of squalene, meaning it doesn’t oxidize when exposed to air. It's derived from olives and contains antioxidants and vitamins B, C, F, and K that regenerate and repair. As we age, our natural squalane diminishes, so olive squalane is the perfect supplement to soften and support maturing facial skin.
Fatskn Face Purist: Formulated with grassfed tallow, olive squalane oil, mango butter, and raw cacao butter. Purist is for those with extra sensitive skin who want a simpler solution. Safe for the delicate eye area.
- Delivers real moisture– This rich blend of saturated fats nourishes the skin, so it’s better at staying moisturized.
- Builds elasticity– The naturally occurring fatty acids work together to strengthen skin and prevent collagen breakdown.
- Free-radical protection– This hefty dose of vitamins and antioxidants helps defend against cellular damage that ages skin.
- Softens fine lines– It mimics the natural oils on skin that diminish with age to blur the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
Fatskn Face Frankincense: A blend of grassfed tallow, olive squalane oil, and frankincense sacra resin extract (oleoresin) – best for inflamed or acne-prone skin. The alpha and beta boswellic acids found in frankincense lower inflammation and facilitate healing.
- Deeply hydrates– This minimal blend is all the skin needs to feel hydrated and satisfied– lowering inflammation.
- Reduces redness– Helps calm inflamed skin and brings down redness for a more even tone.
- Clarifies pores– Frankincense works to renew tissues and heal breakouts on the skin.
- Fades hyperpigmentation– Boswellic acid and sesquiterpenes in this blend help rejuvenate cells for a fresh-looking complexion.
Storage tips: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C/ 65-70°F) so it stays dreamy and smooth.
Keep in mind: A little goes a long way! Available in standard (25 g) ultraviolet glass jars.
Here’s one that smells like the forest and feels like sweet relief. This medicinal balm is made with grassfed suet tallow, organic cold-pressed jojoba oil, mango butter, unfiltered Alberta beeswax, and wildcrafted spruce resin. Finnish cultures have long adored spruce resin for its incredible antimicrobial and healing properties. This blend is a first-aid staple in our house.
10 therapeutic ways to use Spruce Resin Salve:
- Bug bite and sting rescue– Spruce resin supports the immune response to help with pain and reduce itch while tallow heals the skin.
- Athletes’ foot cure– Rub on your feet before pulling up your socks to battle bacteria and clear infection while going about your day.
- Spot treatment– Dab a little on your breakout to lower inflammation and accelerate clearing.
- Cold sores–Consistently apply on the blister to allow the dehydroabietic acid in spruce resin heal the infection naturally.
- Congestion relief– Massage into the chest and under the nose to clear airways and loosen stubborn phlegm.
- Skin ulcer ointment– Apply to wounds daily with a gauze bandage to fend off infection and promote cellular regeneration.
- Burn aide– Gently rub onto compromised skin to renew the tissues. Works on sunburns, friction burns, or thermal burns.
- Muscle soother– Smooth onto sore areas to calm inflamed muscles and facilitate recovery after a workout.
- Pain management– Spruce resin slows the transmission of pain signals to the brain. Great for headaches, cramps, and arthritic pain.
- Cracked heels– Smooth over broken skin to increase cell turnover and provide a protective barrier.
Storage tips: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C/ 65-70°F) to keep it pliable and easy to use. Works well in the cold but will melt if left in the heat for too long.
Keep in mind: Available in standard (50 g) tins. Rub fingers into product to warm it and apply where needed.
A hydrating mineral boost that lowers stress and improves metabolism. Made with grassfed Alberta suet tallow, genuine Zechstein magnesium chloride flakes, organic jojoba oil, distilled water, and filtered Alberta beeswax– it’s quickly becoming a Fatskn fave. Nourishing saturated fats hydrate the skin to absorb this master mineral better. Read our blog to learn more about why you should be prioritizing magnesium.
Best transdermal magnesium uses:
- Mag supplement– Rub into feet, legs, arms, or tummy for a much-needed dose of magnesium without digestive upset.
- Sleep balm– Wind down before bed by rubbing into the bottoms of your feet– great for restless legs, too.
- Muscle aches– Massage into sore muscles to relax contractions and alleviate tightness or cramping.
- Stress management– Overwhelmed? Apply mag to help regulate the stress response and lower cortisol levels during a stressful season.
- Mood boost– Dab some on the skin consistently to slow the swings and feel more stable.
- Skin enhancement– strengthens cellular integrity to leave you with healthier (and healthier-looking) skin.
Storage tips: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C/ 65-70°F) to maintain its workable texture.
Keep in mind: If skin feels itchy upon application, this is usually a sign your body is low in magnesium. Listen to your body’s guidance. As levels improve, this reaction should lessen. Available in small (60g) and large (110g) sizes.
Mess-free, magnesium deodorant stick that gets the job done. You no longer have to choose between your health or your stink. Made with grassfed Alberta suet tallow, genuine Zechstein magnesium chloride flakes, organic jojoba oil, distilled water, and filtered Alberta beeswax– a similar formula to our Mag Lotion, all in an easy-to-use push tube applicator.
More than just a deodorant:
- Wetness protection– Apply to underarms to regulate glands and limit sweat volume, so you stay drier for longer.
- Odor prevention– Magnesium is a (really good) natural deodorizer. It aids your body's detox pathways and halts bacteria growth before it starts.
- Magnesium boost– A daily dose under the arms will help keep magnesium at a healthy level. But don't forget other minerals like potassium, sodium, and calcium, which are also crucial for overall balance.
- Migraine rescue– Frequent headaches could be a sign of mineral imbalances. Swipe Mag Stick across the forehead to help block pain signals to the brain and raise magnesium. Research also suggests that magnesium supplementation is helpful for migraine prevention.
- Muscle recovery– Rub on sore areas after your gym session to relax the muscles and speed up recovery.
Storage tips: Store at room temperature (18 - 22°C/ 65-70°F), so it holds its shape and goes on smoothly.
Keep in mind: Apply a super thin layer to the skin (we’re talking one swipe) because, again, a little goes a long way. Popping some on before bed should keep you fresh for the next 24 hours. This routine also leaves plenty of time for the formula to absorb fully (it's a bit "wetter" than the powdery options you find at the store).
Every Fatskn product is wildcrafted with intention so you can simplify your routine– and feel good about it.
As always, while we hope to be a no-nonsense resource, we encourage you to do your own research to find the healthiest options for you and your family. You can check out our whole collection of good-for-you, tallow-based skincare products by clicking the link below. We hope to see you there!